Preventive health screenings can help your health in many ways. Whether it be through testing or detecting diseases before symptoms arise, or even a way to maintain current risk. These screenings can help you prepare for the unexpected. Preventive health screens are important for adults of all ages but particularly helpful for older adults. Are you getting tested as a proactive step?
Preventive Health Screenings Can Help Your Health. Here’s How.
Preventive health screenings can help your health most notably for common conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cancer. These tests can differ between men and women. Some of the most common tests for women include:
- Well-woman visits
- Gestational diabetes screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Breast cancer screenings
- Cervical cancer
For men, the test includes:
- Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm
- Prostate cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Lung cancer
How To Know which Preventive Screenings You Need?
If you or a loved one are at high risk for a condition that is hard to detect due to no warning signals you might want to discuss your options with your physicians. But how do you know which screenings you will need to have done? To better understand what is right for you, you might want to ask the following questions:
- Why do you need this test? What will it show about your health?
- Have you spoken to your family about testing?
- Will it cost and will your insurance cover it?
- What do you need to do to prepare for the screening?
- What steps does the preventive health screening involve?
- Are there any harms or side effects that could result from the test?
- How will you find out the results of my test?
- How long will it take to get the results?
- What will we know after the test?
- Are you comfortable with getting results that you may need to act on?
How Much Do You Pay For Test?
It sounds all good, but how much do these tests cost? Turns out, if you have Medicare part B, many preventive services, such as screenings, vaccines, and counseling are covered. To break it down even further Orginal Medicare makes you pay nothing for most preventive services when you see a participating provider. Medicare Advantage plans when seeing a provider in-network, you will pay nothing for preventive services that are covered. To find out what screenings or services are covered you should talk to your insurance agent.
If you have Medicare questions call Empower today. Let us help with your Medicare questions so you can get back to the activities you enjoy the most. 1-888-446-9157 or click here to get an INSTANT QUOTE