Top Ten Medicare Mistakes
Lunch & Learn
On Friday, November 11th, Empower Brokerage hosted a Lunch & Learn for seniors in the Southlake community.
Senior Product Specialist, John Shinn, gave a presentation over the Top Ten Medicare Mistakes. Seniors were able to ask questions and get advice straight from a specialist. Enrolling in Medicare can seem like a daunting task. There are many parts to Medicare, and figuring it out on your own can be difficult. John outlined the top mistakes to avoid wrecking your coverage and wasting thousands of dollars.
Top Ten Mistakes
- Assuming you don’t qualify if you haven’t worked long enough
- Failing to enroll in Part B when you should
- Believing you do not need Medicare Part B if you have retiree of COBRA health coverage
- Thinking you must reach full retirement age before signing up
- Not signing up for Part D becuase you don’t take any prescription drugs
- Misunderstanding enrollment periods
- Picking the wrong Part D plan
- Being too late to buy Medigap
- Failing to read your annual notice
- Not taking advantage of discounts
These mistakes can cost you. Talk to a specialist or agent before enrolling to ensure you are getting the best coverage at the best price. You can also read more in depth about the Top Ten Medicare Mistakes at EmpowerMedicareSupplement.com.
Got Medicare Questions?
We hope that this information on Medicare mistakes is useful to you.
Let us help you answer your questions so that you can get back to the activities that you enjoy the most.
Call (888) 446-9157, click here to get an INSTANT QUOTE, or leave a comment below!
See our other websites: