Dynamic Duo: Medicare Part B

Allie explains the basics of what Medicare Part B covers

Hi! Welcome back to the Dynamic Duo with me, Allie Shipman, and my partner, John Shinn. We are with Empower Brokerage, and today, we’re talking about original Medicare Part B. In general, Part B covers doctor visits, outpatient surgery, and other services. Your annual deductible will be $183, and after the deductible Medicare pays for 80% of your visits. Then, you pay the remaining 20%. Other services Part B covers are preventative services and health care to prevent illness like the flu. These services can detect illness at an early stage when treatment is most likely to work best.

Part B also covers things like clinical research, ambulance services, durable medical equipment, mental health services including inpatient and outpatient with partial hospitalization. It covers getting a second opinion before surgery and limited outpatient prescription drugs. All of this information can be found on Medicare.gov. It’s really easy to get to it and really easy to navigate. For now, I’m going to turn it over to my partner John Shinn, and he will give you some more important information about Medicare Part B.

John Shinn goes into more detail on Medicare Part B coverage

One thing I want you all to know is that this is really a lot simpler than a lot of people would have you believe. Medicare Part A and Part B are the big parts of original Medicare. So, Part A pays for hospital costs, and the Part B covers your outpatient surgeries, your doctor visits, and your operations. Medicare does a great job with it. They pay 80 percent of all of that, and the 20 percent that is leftover, you would pay.

Now, you can pay that 20 percent yourself, or you can get a Medicare supplement to help you with it. We’ll be talking a lot more about that as we go through this series. For now, just keep in mind Medicare does a great job of paying for your doctor visits, your outpatient surgeries, and that sort of thing. You pay 20 percent, and they pay 80 percent. If you want to supplement and share the cost via a Medicare supplement, you can do that. Hope that helps!

Do you need to supplement your Medicare costs? Get a Medicare Supplement today!
Start with getting a FREE quote!

Get affordable health insurance quotes by clicking here.

For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at (844) 446-9157!

Since insurance is often times overwhelmingly confusing, we want to shed light on this industry by answering YOUR questions.  So if you have any questions or concerns, comment below and your question may be the topic of our next video!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *