We Asked David Russell, Empower Brokerage’s Regional Sales Director, “Why Silverscript?”
A Few Things You Should Know About Silverscript
- It is a stand alone drug plan
- They are owned by CVS
- They have 9600 retail outlets in 49 different states
- Last year in 2017, they had 5.5 million enrollees, which places them as number one out of all the drug carriers in the market. This means seniors are actively choosing Silverscript!
Why Should You Choose Silverscript?
Simplicity! Silverscript has 2 offerings. Within these offerings, they have great formularies. You won’t be getting a thin magazine style list of drugs that are going to be covered. Both offerings can be compared to the old school yellow phone books in terms of thickness, with hundreds of pages covering hundreds of drugs. As a result, you’ll see that around over 33,000 drugs are going to be covered in their formularies.
When discussing your stand alone drug choice with an agent and Silverscript comes up, you can take comfort in knowing your agent is certified, prepared, and he’s bringing you this as an option because there is:
- $0 Deductibles on all their tiers
- You’ll have some gap coverage on preferred generics and generic drugs
- They do offer preferred pharmacies as well as standard pharmacies. Furthermore, Silverscript has about 26,000 preferred pharmacies and about 41,000 standard pharmacies. What this means is you can fill your prescription at a preferred pharmacy and pay a lower copay. If a preferred pharmacy is not available, you can go to a standard pharmacy for a little higher copay.
- Silverscript has mail order so you’ll see many of the generic drugs have a $0 copay for a 90 day supply. The mail order service can actually save you money by offering $0 copays on drugs that would otherwise have a slightly higher copay if picked up in the pharmacy.
When discussing your healthcare, if Silverscript comes up, take comfort in knowing Silvescript was the #1 in the amount of enrollees in 2017 for any drug company.
Because insurance is often times overwhelmingly confusing, we want to shed light on this industry by answering YOUR questions! Talk to an experienced agent about your Medicare options today!
For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at (844) 446-9157!